- 1 User:Ibrahim5361 admin request
- 2 Thank you for promoting me to administrator
- 3 Can someone give a message to a Muslim scientist on Twitter?
- 4 Need help!
- 5 Can you please delete this article which I made?
- 6 Questions about the IslamWiki
- 7 Is this User talk page private or public?
- 8 Would it be good idea if we can have an app called IslamWiki? Also, can you show me the section where I can see a list of users?
- 9 Questions about MuslimWiki and IslamWiki
- 10 Why I cannot see my articles? And how and where I can see my articles?
- 11 How can I save an article before taking it to live? And where I can see my drafts?
- 12 Questions about my latest article
- 13 How do I upload the articles I saved on draft?
User:Ibrahim5361 admin request
Hey the Wiki is quite dead. Would you mind making some changes to the front page and create a few articles? I can help you if you could make me an admin.
- Thank you for your interest, and contributions to this Wiki.👍 I've added you to the administrator user group.
- Regarding the new articles you've created, similar articles are already present on Wikipedia, where they would be maintained by other general Wikipedia volunteers for years into the future. Furthermore, these are non-controversial, largely accepted topics. Don't you think it would be redundant to have those same articles here too? It would be like reinventing the wheel.🤔
- I was thinking it would be more efficient to create articles related to controversial subjects such as the issues of blasphemy, apostasy, slavery, female testimony etc. Wikipedia also has similar articles but they are limited by Wikipedia's policies, like no original research and summarising of the information rather than going into the evidentiary details. On this Wiki, we can point out all the varying interpretations related to a subject (for example, the issue of blasphemy) then objectively enumerate all the evidences (Qur'an verses, ahadith, rational arguments) that are used to support each of the interpretations, and then leave it to the reader to decide which interpretation has more theological support for it. What do you think?
- Once again, thank you for your interest in this Wiki.😀
Thank you for promoting me to administrator
My hopes is that all islam related content can be found on IslamWiki. I will try from now on to avoid making the content too similar to Wikipedia. However I think its better to make the website a go to place for all Islam related content, whether its the controversial issues, or it is to promote Islam to non-muslims, or just a basic encyclopedia for muslims.
Can someone give a message to a Muslim scientist on Twitter?
I found a Muslim scientist who wishes to be contributer and editor on IslamWiki, but he isn't certain about it. so, if someone has Twitter can you please do a me a favor can give him a message? His twitter is Dr. Habeeb you can search him on Twitter as @DocProdigy.
I tried to explain that it is created by a Muslim this wiki and not by me, and he wants to know who's website is this and by whom is created and what type of website is this.
- @Nitro Zeus: Thank you for your interest.👍 I'm not on Twitter at the moment and there aren't many active contributors here either; if you yourself directly contact him, it would be more convenient.
- The main objectives of islamWiki can be considered as compiling counter-arguments to criticisms against Islam, hopefully in a fair unbiased manner and second to compile the various interpretations (and theological evidences in suppot of them) regarding controversial Islamic issues (such as apostacy) - after this letting people decide for themselves which interpretation is more plausible instead of forcing down one interpretation in order to serve some agenda (more detailed at islamWiki:About).
I have attempted to make a very long history of Banu Qurayza, but I do not know if it is on live or if it is saved on draft.
Also, can you please add me to a group where I can talk with other users? Because, I'd like to chat with them.
- @Nitro Zeus: Presently there is almost no one who is really active on this website. If you want to directly chat, you can create a group and provide a link for it here; those who are interested will join on their own.
- Is the article you're talking about this one: Banu Qurayza. It's live. Thank you for your contribution.👍
- -- WikiSysop (talk) 08:44, 23 September 2020 (UTC)
Can you please delete this article which I made?
Can you please delete this article called Banu Qurayza? Because, it is not ready and I haven't finished it yet, because I have cool ideas which I wanna put and it's not complete.
Questions about the IslamWiki
I'm about to make the longest article in short time about the history of Banu Quraysa, and probably this will be also the greatest debunk and refutation against non-Muslims. But, the main problem is that, I do not know how I can make something like wikiislam does(e.g. while making a long article, they make sort of sections). Because, I want to make first a section called "Introduction" where I explain what's all about, and another section called "Short History" where I make it in brief, and I wanna make a section called "Long History" where I explain clearly but long why did Qurayza broke treaties and etc... and then another section called "Criticism" where I bring all criticism in this section where non-Muslims are making against Islam. Also, I want to make a section called "Verses of Quran" where it talks about Banu Qurayza and then the final section called "CONCLUSION"
But, what bothers me is that I do not know how I can make a section called "References" and "Sources" from where I got the information from, so people can verify it.
Also, how can I post a photo on the article above as a title photo which suits with the article I wanna make.
So, how can I do all those things?
The reason for this, is because, I want to make this Wikipedia to be known even by governments to the extend where they'll see that IslamWiki is truly Islamic and it is honest and reliable. This is my plan to make. So, I need your help for me to achieve this. So the non-Muslims can get the correct interpretation and knowledge of Islam from IslamWiki and not from that hypocriticial website named wikiislam.
Also, is there any problem if I ask a top Islamic organization to take the operation and ownership of IslamWiki? Also, is there any problem
Also, what I want to know is, if after IslamWiki is taken absolute ownership and operation by an Islamic organization like for example Yaqeen Institute. What would happen to rest of us who are working in this wiki? Would we be kicked out after Islam Wiki is moved to a new server? Or we would still remain in this wiki? Because, I don't want to be kicked out from islamwiki.org after it is taken over by an Islamic organization.
- @Nitro Zeus: You can take a look at islamWiki:Tutorial for how to edit. Or if it is still too difficult, you can type the article on your own preferred software and send it to me and I will include it into the Wiki.
- On the question of transferring ownership, it's a bit difficult to answer. One of the primary objectives of islamWiki is to be reliable, which requires the people running this Wiki to act in a manner as fair and neutral as possible. Therefore, if in the future there happen to come forward some criticisms of Islam that Muslims are unable to counter, even such should be included in islamWiki in a fair and balanced manner (keeping in mind certain conditions that is). The ideal goal of islamWiki is to not prove Islam but to present the evidence and arguments and let people decide on their own.
- I personally am unaware of any Islamic organization that can work up-to this degree of neutrality. It would definitely help to get some donations which would allow a significantly easier editing experience on this Wiki, however transferring ownership requires a trustworthy commitment to neutrality which at the moment I don't expect to see from any organization.
Is this User talk page private or public?
I've been wondering if right now, whatever we talk on User talk is private which means that people cannot see our conversation. And I don't like for someone to see our conversation.
So, is this private or public conversation? Because, I have spotted the users on wikiislam talking with one another even though I'm not part of that Wikipedia, and I want to know what's the case with this wiki of ours. Because, I don't want to make people have no trust just like myself I have no longer trust in wikiislam after seeing their discussion.
- This talk page is public. Some sort of private place can be setup here, but it would be more convenient and secure to set that up on another platform such as a Facebook group. Regarding trust issues, making discussions private naturally reduces trust from the public. If you want people to trust your intentions, it is strongly encouraged to have discussions be public as much as possible. -- WikiSysop (talk) 08:25, 28 September 2020 (UTC)
Would it be good idea if we can have an app called IslamWiki? Also, can you show me the section where I can see a list of users?
Is it good idea if you could make an app called IslamWiki just like Wikipedia.org has?Because, I'd like to got on this wiki without using Google, because sometimes I feel lazy loool. And I thought it would be much better for us to go on IslamWiki without using anymore Google but app from now on.
Also, can you show me the section where I can see a list of users and new coming users?
Because, I wanna make a large group. And how I can create a group in this wiki?
May God reward you
- I don't have much understanding regarding building apps, so unfortunately I won't be able to do it. Furthermore, since there aren't many articles here in the first place, such an app wouldn't have much value anyway. All the users are listed at Special:ListUsers, however, none of them are actually active. For users who have done any activity on this wiki in the last 30 days, see Special:ActiveUsers. — WikiSysop (talk) 12:28, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Questions about MuslimWiki and IslamWiki
I have been wondering for some time now about Muslim Wikipedia.
What has happened to MuslimWiki?
Will that wiki be reactivated once again?
Why it is closed MuslimWiki?
Also about IslamWiki.
Is it good idea if we put on that picture of IslamWiki code called Shahada in Arabic language like la ilaha ilallah?
Can you please add me to a user group where I can talk with other users?
Is it good idea if we make in such that this wiki becomes extremely viewed and popular to the extend where an Islamic organization would take operation and ownership of this wiki? The reason for this is because I want the articles to be saved and not lost and plus I want a Islamic organization to take good care of it and not by a random person.
Also, if a Islamic organization takes the ownership and operation of this wiki, will we as users get kicked out from IslamWiki? Or we will still remain even after it is taken over?
How can I make sections in this wiki?
Can I make articles about history of Muslims, Scientific Miracles etc...?
- MulsimWiki's reactivation appears extremely unlikely. I previously made some observations regarding that site.
- Since islamWiki strives to ideally be impartial and objective, having the shahadaa on the logo, might not be the best choice. But, presently I don't have any unchangeable opinions on the issue.
- Regarding a user group, unfortunately there are probably no other users to talk too. I will set-up a discord channel in the future, as in the present context it appears to be the most efficient method.
- Regarding potential ownership by some Islamic organization, I mentioned my views previously. In the event of an organizations' takeover, whether the present users would remain or not would naturally depend on that organization.
- It is very easy to backup the articles here, just use Special:Export and backup any of the pages here.
- By sections, do you mean the ones on the main page? Just add the relevant category tags, such as
[[Category:Main articles]]etc., to the end of an article.
- Regarding article topics such as "history of Muslims", since Wikipedia already would have them, I don't believe it would be the best use of a person's efforts to try to match, all on their own, a popular Wikipedia article contributed upon by dozens or even hundreds of volunteers. On the other hand topics such as "Scientific Miracles" should be fine.
- — WikiSysop (talk) 12:28, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Why I cannot see my articles? And how and where I can see my articles?
I have made two articles, but I cannot see them anywhere. And that worries me as I feel like I lost my works.
- You can see all your previous contributions on this Wiki at Special:Contributions/Nitro Zeus. What were the steps you performed when you published those articles? — WikiSysop (talk) 12:28, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
How can I save an article before taking it to live? And where I can see my drafts?
I want to learn how I can take an article to draft so whenever I have time, I can check it and verify it before going on live. Because, I don't want to do the same mistake as I did with the article Banu Qurayza.
- You can preview the article by clicking the "Show preview" button below the editor. To publish the article, but not make it come out to the front for everyone to see, you can try publishing the article in a background space such as User:Nitro Zeus/Banu Qurayza. — WikiSysop (talk) 04:34, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
Questions about my latest article
I have many a long article but probably the longest article about Banu Qurayza. But can you please put it on the category called Refutation? What you think of this longest article I made?
- Did you write this lengthy article all by yourself? — WikiSysop (talk) 12:59, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
How do I upload the articles I saved on draft?
I want to really upload the article so everyone can see my article about Banu Qurayza. So how do I upload it?